Sunday, March 14, 2010

My weekend/ Sunday (mostly) Funday

well fuck.... I should be writing about the entire weekend but Im goin directly to Sunday. It started out as a great day, I had a "date" with this cute guy I originally met back in July. weve seen each other one other time since then in January. Friday he called me and asked me if I wanted to go to church with him on Sunday. I was eager to see him again, but mostly eager to spend some time with someone other than just a "friend" Church was great, we went to Mission Gathering Christian Church in North Park. He had to work right after church so we didnt get to spend a whole lot of time together. After church I took my good friend Sister Iona Dubble-Wyde to Babycakes for his Birthday, after that we met a few friends at Baja Bettys for a drink.. Well that turned into Cheri meeting us and going to Urban Mos then the Hole... I guess Im fast forwarding through all the fun stuff that happened just to get to the part that upset me.. Here it is

I was havin a great time at the Hole despite the shirt I was wearing.. Guys were flirting with me, and this incredibly hot man that I met 10-12 years ago was talking and flirting with me and gave me his number again.. I guess everything went downhill when I started walking towards my friends and saw Cory standing and talking with them.. there was no anger or hurt there, just a little frustration because he and I arent on speaking terms. One of our last communications with each other he had said I didnt give him the space or distance he needed, so I obviously wasnt going to go interrupt the interaction he was having with my friends I came there with. So I kind of stepped back and stood off to the side, Thats when 2 of my friends started motioning for me to come over to them.. I resisted and they came over to me.. Blah Blah Blah.. Jeffrey told he He needed to tell me about a good conversation he had with Cory the night before.. FUCK I was stating to have an anxiety attack.. Cory walked over to some other friends and I proceeded to fall apart. I saw a friend across the bar that I wanted to say Hi to... BUT i didnt see that Cory was standing right behind him. OOOPS. Cory saw me and said something ??? I think he said Hi and asked how I was doing.. I said something to him.. I hope I was polite, I meant to be, Jesus Christ.. I didnt realize that I still had feelings for him til right then.. I fell apart after that.. We left shortly after that because I couldnt hold back the tears. This is the first time Im admitting this to anyone including myself. I guess Ive lashed out at him in the past because I was so hurt.. My past blog posts about his roommate have NOTHING to do with him... He and his roommate are two separate people and I dont hold Jakes actions against Cory in any way..I never have. Im a little embarrassed by admitting all of this, but I always am 100% honest in my feelings and thoughts in my blog. Im probably pushing Cory away a bit by saying all of this, but maybe I guess thats what I need right now. I thought I was ready to be friendly with him.. BUT maybe Im not.. FUCK more setbacks.. Every time I think Im taking a step forward im really taking 2 steps back.

When I post my status messages and tweets about how Im doing I really dont notice how sad or "down" I am....until I see people out and they are so concerned with how I am doing.. It feels nice that people are concerned but I hate that people feel like they need to walk on eggshells around me. I hope people treat me kindly because they like me, NOT because they feel sorry for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kurt, you are taking steps forward whether you can see it or not. Realizing the issue and admitting that it is a difficulty for you opens up for healing, my friend. It is okay to love and it is okay to say "ouch" when we are hurt. This makes us human. We all go through it, some people just put on airs and act as if they don't hurt. Those are the people who are REALLY fucked up...