Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Can we talk?

I believe if you look hard enough for something you will find it. That goes for happiness, sadness, drama..everything. If you have it in your mind that someone is a certain way, you will find something to support that feeling whether it is true or not. If you are easily influenced by others thoughts and feelings about a situation or person, you will also 'look" for a reason to have those same feelings.


Yesterday my friend Chris posted this on Facebook and it got me thinking...

Not only do we avoid focusing on ourselves when we gossip, but our disrespect for others reinforces self-defeating attitudes about relationships. - Anonymous :-)


As I said on Facebook yesterday my Blog is somewhere that I express my feelings and experiences. It is NOT a place where I gossip. I share MY feelings and thoughts. I dont even know if people read it. So is that considered gossip? When you have a direct conversation with people and you are talking about someone else THAT might be considered gossip. Have I talked about other people before? Absolutely!! Everyone does, but few are big enough to admit it. And if you think people arent talking about you, well my dears you are clearly delusional... This is a lesson I have learned time and time again. They maybe laughing and joking with you one day, but the next they might just be laughing about you with someone else.

I would be lying if I said I didnt worry about what people think of me or what they maybe saying. I admitted to that as being my biggest fault. At least I am aware of it and I try hard not to let it get to me.

Heres a few things you might want to think about or consider.

When did you stop thinking for yourself? Are you that easily influenced? What is your motivation for thinking the way you do? Are you a fair weather friend? Do you jump on the band wagon? Are you better than someone else? Do you have issues or problems you ignore but you concentrate on other peoples shortcomings? Maybe you have other motivations for doing what you do? Does that make you right or wrong? Does that make me right or wrong?

Self-defeating attitudes about relationships.... That says A LOT!!!

No comments: