Thursday, December 17, 2009

All I want for Christmas

Dear Santa Obama

Do I have equal rights in this country yet? No I dont but at least I dont live in a place where I have to fear my government will execute me because of who I love, sure there are people in this country that would like to see gay people dead but its not law.. Im not gonna get on a soapbox right now, its the same conversation weve been having for 40 years. Can we just all get together and PLEASE get this done.. Im tired of feeling like less of a human being, less of a citizen of the good ol USA than my neighbor, my brother, or my best friend. Thats Really all I want for Christmas..

This song doesnt have a whole lot to do with equal rights, but the message is really the root of all the negative and evil issues in the world today.

Now I've been crying lately,
thinking about the world as it is
Why must we go on hating,
why can't we live in bliss

Cause out on the edge of darkness,
there rides a peace train
Oh peace train take this country,
come take me home again






Toys for Tots


Last night a group of friends and I went to Dave & Busters for an evening of food, fun and sharing. If you arent familiar with Dave & Busters its sort of like an adult Chuck E. Cheese. They have decent food, a bar and LOTS of various video games, interactive shoot em up and driving games, and good ol fashioned skee ball!! They also have those "grabber" hook games, Ya know the kind that tries to grab a stuffed animal, or in this case a NY Yankees "bling" pendant for Steve Calenzo. OY!

Daniel Crews came up with this great idea 4 years ago. Get a bunch of friends together grab a bite to eat at Dave & Busters before heading into the "fun zone" to win win win! All in the desire to give to Toys for Tots. There are a few different "package deals" where you get dinner and a set dollar amount of "game play". I went for the $23.99 package which included a blackened chicken pasta and $20.00 worth of games. Some of the games issue tickets when you win that can be exchanged for merchandise in their "gift shop"

With 7 grown men let loose for a couple of hours to act like children we were able to accumulate enough tickets to "purchase" 43 toys and stuffed animals to donate to Toys for Tots. Can you think of an easier way to give this Christmas? For around 25 bucks I was able to spend a couple hours eating, catching up, checking out cute straight men, and having a BLAST with some friends old and new. The best part of the evening was I got to do all of this AND help a child have a Happy Christmas!
So what are you waiting for? Get to Dave & Busters there is still time to give to Toys for Tots!





Toys for Tots @ Dave & Busters
In this photo: Bo Andras, Steve Calenzo, Jon Strmiska, James Mann, Daniel Crews, Kurt Cunningham, Jim Butler

1 comment:

Sandyeggoboy said...

I love the Toys 4 Tots program.