Sunday, July 20, 2014

Always Leave On a High Note

I feel the need to further clarify somethings regarding the Turn Your Back on Carl DeMaio during San Diego Pride Parade 2014 "event" this year.

On June 14th via my blog post I completely gave up all rights and concern for the Turn Your Back to DeMaio Facebook page. I handed it over to someone I knew would continue on with the page in the tradition it was crated in.
The "event" this year was solely created by someone I do not know personally and have only recently noticed in our community.

 I have to say I was very disappointed in the organizing and planning of this "event"    Yes I gave up the reigns of this grass roots movement I created in 2012 but there was a major build up to the event, we educated the community on Carl's moves and motivations, we had pre-event press coverage, I also did my research to make sure Carl was even going to be in the parade.  To my knowledge he wasn't even in attendance this year, if he was he was very well hidden.   I'm not a Carl supporter now, but doing something like this just for the sake of doing it is a waste of time and energy.  We made a great impact in 2012 with national news coverage and this year it was a total flop.  The national and international press continues to educate the public about Carl DeMaio,   I appreciate that David Lundin is a watchdog for the community, but I think he has his iron in too many fires.   I can say proudly that we actually achieved something in 2012.   This year this "event" was just embarrassing.  Now with that being said lets move forward  Scott Peters elected in the 52nd district.

No comments: