Saturday, July 5, 2014

It's Such a Perfect Day

Ever since I can remember I've been waiting for the perfect life.  The perfect everything .  Everything I do has to be perfect.  Plans for the day, the place where I live, the perfect (for me) boyfriend, the perfect "standing" in my community, the perfect high, the perfect low,  the perfect outfit, my hair, my makeup,  The last three, could apply to both male or female identities.  Anything with my name on it, anything I created HAD to be perfect.  I was always chasing the perfect day.

What is perfect?
   per·fect
ˈpərfikt/ 
  1. 1.
    having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be.
    "she strove to be the perfect wife"
    synonyms:ideal, model,ultimate without fault, faultless, flawless, consummate,
    quintessential, exemplary, best, 







  2. 2.
    absolute; complete (used for emphasis).
    "a perfect stranger"
    synonyms:absolute, complete, total, real, out-and out, thorough, thoroughgoing,downright,   utter, sheer, arrant, unmitigated, unqualified, veritable, in every respect, unalloyed 

  1. But obviously perfection is all based on our own individual perception and and then I learned it is also situational.   Somewhere down the road perfection loosens up a bit.   Your financial situation changes so you cant have the "perfect" clothes...  But these clothes over here work "perfectly well"  most everything seems to change to being "perfectly well".  Then we move on to "good enough"  "Well my hair isn't perfect but its good enough"

  2. Being a perfectionist is one of the worst possible ways to live.  Expectations are high, not only of yourself but of everyone around you.  Imagine the constant disappointment you would encounter each and every day by needing everything to be perfect and not being able to get it.   I wonder if the ultra rich encounter as much disappointment as the every day person does?  When you have everything at your disposal is life easier?  Well I've been in a situation close to that and it SEEMS perfect.  But as I have matured and my life has changed I learned that what I would consider perfect has dramatically changed.

Now, my idea of a perfect life is much different than it was say back in my twenties.  Now, the perfect life (not my perfect multi million dollar Lotto winning life) but just my perfect life would be;

  1. Having a job to go to 5 days a week that I am passionate about (the passion part is non negotiable)
  2. Being able to call or see my mom whenever I wanted
  3. Having a special someone in my life, even part time would be wonderful.
  4. Friends...just the good ones.. a handful or two is plenty
  5. Being inspired.... by movies, music, good books, great art, and good people
  6. Yoga
  7. 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep
  8. Laughing everyday, even at myself.
  9. Having the knowledge that the above list can change at anytime.
  10. oh shoot...i almost forgot animals....especially Mr Kitty
OK, I'll admit I would like to be a little more stylish in my appearance, but that would be helped along by #1

Is that it?  That;s all I need?  That doesn't seem too difficult to me, except # 2  that one is out of my reach.  But at this point in my life all of those other things listed seem very obtainable. Nine months ago I didnt even care about having anything on that list, sometimes I didn't even care about talking to Mom.  I thought nothing good was going to happen for me.  Many of the things on my list haven't happened (yet) but now I realize it is possible.  

and THAT is perfect!


Oh, it's such a perfect day
I'm glad I spent it with youOh, such a perfect dayYou just keep me hanging onYou just keep me hanging on





No comments: