At the beginning of the year my therapist gave me a questionnaire.. One of the questions was. "what would you like people to know about you?" My reply was "I would like for people to know I'm a lot closer to normal then they think"
I dont even know what the hell that means now.I compare myself to what everyone else has and what everyone else is doing and I wonder what the hell is wrong with me?
Today was not my favorite day at therapy.
1) You cannot control what other people chose to think.
2) You cannot control what other people chose to feel
3) You cannot control what other people chose to do
4) If you attempt to do any of the first three or any combination of the first
three you will feel inadequate, frustrated, angry and depressed
5) What you do have control over is
a) what you think
b) what you feel
c) what you do
d) how you chose to respond to what others directly express and do